Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Term 4 Week 3 : Recycling

This week's reflection is prompted by Mr Koo, the Green Club Teacher.
Recycling is essential as many of the things we throw away can be reused. To help you with the reflection, I have listed some questions below:
1. What do you understand by 'recycling'?
2. Why is it necessary to recycle things?
3. What are the various ways in which things can be recycled?
4. Do you practise recycling?
5. If so, what do you recycle? How do you recycle the materials?
6. Do you think the school is doing enough in recycling?
7. What can the school do to help in the recycling process?
8. What message would you tell your friends and classmates about recycling?
Write your reflection soon. I am anxiously waiting to read your response.




~~~



When you throw things that are recyclable item in to the recycling bin that is called ' recycling'.I understand that recycling is to reuse things after you throw them in the bin.Last week, my school actually had a recycling competition.We had to bring newspapers, plastic bottles and aluminium cans.Most of the other classes brought a stack of newspapers.It was stacked up at the back of their classrooms so high! I think they did a very good job to win this recycling competition.It is necessary to recycle things because we can reuse things that recyclable.

You can recycle by reusing plastic bottles such as Green Tea , Coca Cola Zero and more, to put in plain water or use it for Arts & Crafts.For plastic bags , we can bring along to reuse it to bring it to supermarkets and mini marts too.For aluminium cans, you can just throw it in the recycling bin or do more stuff with it.There are many ways to recycle things.


I practise my recycling by taking either the yellow or green recycling bag that is usually placed outside my house and put newspapers,plastic bottles,aluminium cans and more.After that, I would put it inside the large green recycling bin downstairs.There was a time when I wanted to recycle my things,the recycling bin was full of yellow and green plastic bags.I think most from my area really help the place get more cleaner and cleaner.


I think the school has done a good job in recycling.They do understand what is recycling.I saw that the classes have braought alot of recyclable items everyday to win the competition that Mr Koo has organised.I really think it is a great idea for organising a recycling competiton for the whole school.It help them to learn about recycling more.I think the school should recycling more not just to win the competition but to keep the envoirment clean.


This is the message to everyone:

Keep recycling and don't stop. It is important to keep the envoirment clean.

No comments: