Friday, September 5, 2008

Holiday Homework 3(T3Wk 9): The Olympics Games

Hi Everyone,
The Olympics Games is over and Singapore has finally got a medal. For this week, I want you to reflect on the Olympics and what it means to you. To help you with your reflection, I have listed some questions below:
1. What is the origin of 'Olympics' ?
2. Why is it such an important event in sports?
3. Have you watched any Olympic event? Why/Why not?
4. Which athlete/s or event impresses you most? Why?
5. Would you like to participate in the Olympics Games? If so, what event would you like to take part and why?
6. Do you think it is worth organising the Olympics? Why?
Please post your response in your blog. Love to read it soon.


~~~



The 'Olympics' were created in Greece to help the soldiers stay strong and in shape while not at war with events such as shot put, people were trained as human cannons,pole vault and high jump helped people get over large walls.We can strengthen ourselves and sport are mostly for entertainment.I have watched the Olympics . I watch the Olympics because it helps me to try out this sports and improve in my P.E. (not weightlifting or any villain sports (: ) I'm impress with team Singapore in table tennis , Jing Junhong , Li Jia Wei , Tan Paey Fern , Wang Yue Gu , You Meng Yu and Zhang Xueling.I wouldn't participate in the Olympics.I think it is worth organising the Olympics because we can know how long has this athlete train and may be after few months or years , has this person improve in the Olympics or is it its first time being in it.It also can show their skills in the sport that are doing.

No comments: