Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Entry 4 : Chinese New Year Celebrations

It is Chinese New Year Eve !!!!
I celebrated my Chinese New Year at school with my friends and teachers.
First , some of the P6 pupils gain money for the needies may be for Chao Yang Special School.
They had gain $900+ and Mr Tan was so proud.I was also proud and happy that they joined to help the needies.



It started with a Flash of Spring festival.Nian is a very fierce sea monster.When he sees villagers walking pass, the fierce sea monster might eat them.The rest hid behind mountains.Then there was an old man who came by the village to help them.No one dared to go out but an old woman.
She said that there was a sea monster and asked the old man to hid behind mountains.But the old man told the old woman to stop worrying about anything and wanted to stay in her house.One day , the sea monster came to scare the old woman.He opened up the door and saw the old man in a red clothing.Nian was scared and he fled aside. He was scared of red and he ran away.The villagers were so happy of the old man getting the monster away.That is all I know for now.


Next was the chinese dance.The first group of girls came with the green and pink clothes.They were all in the same clothing.Then they dance until the second group came.Their costumes were different.They had a lot of colours in their clothes.They were blue,red,green and more colour.They had fans to dance with until the first group of girl came back.They dance the fans all the way.They really make alot of vibrant colours.

After that , there was a skit from the chinese teachers.It was reallly funny.There was Mr Koo ,Mr Lee,Mr Tan and Mrs Tan.They put in alot of effort doing the skit.It was about Chinese New Year.I really enjoyed the part where Mr Koo came out with a monkey hanging on his neck ! I laughed so loudly !I also like the part where they got their 'ang baos'.But I think they were rude opening their 'ang baos' in front of guests.I really enjoy the skit the chinese teachers made.


Then it was the lion dance!I was so scared of the two large lions coming out.It was shiny blue with.. two people inside each :) It was so scary that I almost wanted to scream.I like the part where they jumped high .It's amazing.Later,Mr Tan gave 'ang bao' to one of the lions.Then took pictures (:

I really enjoyed my Chinese New Year Eve Celebrations!!

To all of my Chinese friends. From your classmate , Siti . Happy Chinese New Year (:


The pictures in the card are from Google Image , Photobucket & Yahoo! Image.And edited with Ulead Photo Express 0.4.

1 comment:

Natalie; said...

wow!! You wrote a lot...